top of page


  • How long do I need to keep my accounting records and source documents
    You are required to keep your accounting records and source documents for 5 years.
  • What are the information needed for Company Incorporation?
    You will require the following information for Company Incorporation Proposed Company Name Type of company Principle Business Activities Name of Shareholder(s) Particulars of Shareholders(s) Name of Director(s) Particulars of Director(s) Proposed company's registered address Proposed paid up share capital Proposed number of share(s) owned by shareholder(s) Source of funds of the shareholders Ultimate Beneficial Owners of the company
  • My company has been incorporated but I have yet to appoint a company secretary. Must the company appoints a company secretary?
    Section 171 of the Companies Act requires a company to appoint a company secretary. The office of secretary shall not be left vacant for more than 6 months at any one time. Therefore, you must appoint a company secretary within 6 months of the incorporation of your company.
  • What is an Exempt Private Company (EPC)?
    An Exempt Private Company (EPC) is a private company which has 20 or less shareholders. And no corporation holds (directly or indirectly) any beneficial interest in the EPC's shares. It can also be a company the Minister has gazetted as an EPC.
  • What is a Business Profile?
    A Business Profile is a computer-generated report that contains salient information about a registered entity. The Business Profile serves as a quick check on a business entity or when you need to open a bank account.
  • Do my company need to file a tax return if there is no profit made during the year?
    All companies carrying on a trade or business in Singapore need to file their tax return annually to report their income. Even if the company is making losses, it is required to file the tax return.
  • Do my company or I need to register for Goods and Services Tax?
    The company or individual is required to register for GST if their annual revenue is more than SGD1million.
bottom of page